Intrastate Operating Authority Filing

  • product icon
    Intrastate Authority Filing
  • Price: Cost differs per State
  • Every state is different and pricing changes dramatically
  • Guarantees you’re compliant regardless of your service area
  • Dedicated compliance agent throughout the whole process
  • File Now



Intrastate Operating Authority Filing Overview

There are a lot states that require an Intrastate operating authority in addition to the USDOT Number. Every state is different and pricing changes dramatically. Federal carrier can help you navigate the complexities of Intrastate compliance and help keep you on the road.


What is Intrastate Authority?

Intrastate Authority allows motor carriers to use any of the public highways for the transportation of persons or property, or both, in intrastate commerce.


What is Intrastate Commerce?

Intrastate commerce is trade, traffic, or transportation within a single State. If you operate exclusively in intrastate commerce, you must comply with applicable State and local regulations.

The only Federal regulations that are applicable to intrastate operations are:

  • The commercial driver’s license (CDL) requirement, for drivers operating commercial motor vehicles as defined in 49 CFR 383.5
  • Controlled substances and alcohol testing for all persons required to possess a CDL
  • Minimum levels of financial responsibility for the intrastate transportation of certain quantities of hazardous materials and substances


Interstate Vs. Intrastate Trucking

Intrastate means that the motor carrier transports goods ONLY in one state.

Interstate means that the motor carrier travels through other states or countries for deliveries.

Intrastate Trucking is subject to the rules and regulations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA). Intrastate trucking is subject to the rules and requirements of the individual State and State Regulatory Agency.


Do I Need Intrastate Operating Authority?

If you intend to drive intrastate, and any work is conducted in any of the following States you must secure Intrastate Authority before you begin operations:
Alabama, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.


Let Federal Carrier Help With Your Intra-state Operating Authority Filing

In order to save yourself the time and effort, Federal Carrier will file on your behalf. Our experts are familiar with the Intra-state operating authority application process. Our team eliminates the possibility of any mistakes during the filing process. We take care of every detail so you can focus on taking care of business.



File Your Intrastate Operating Authority Today!

Federal Carrier won’t ONLY register your required compliance requirements, but we’ll also stay by your side throughout the entire process. Start getting compliant today!

Intrastate Authority
Disclaimer: is a private, third-party provider offering services for a fee. FCCR registers regulations on behalf of motor carriers. FCCR filing services for a fee, which is different from and in addition to the official Unified Carrier Registration state fees promulgated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.