Employer Identification Number (EIN) Filing

  • product icon
    New EIN# Filing
  • Price: $75
  • Required to file employment tax returns
  • Helps the IRS track and file taxes for a business entity
  • Dedicated compliance agent throughout the whole process
  • File Now



New EIN Filing Services Overview

The application process for a Tax ID (EIN) Number is something every trucking company needs to understand. As you go down the path of starting your trucking company, be sure you are compliant before any truck heads out on the road. The more you can prepare, the easier it will be in the end.

A trucking company is going to require an EIN for many reasons… employees, trucks out on the road, etc. You will may have loans out on trucks, insurance, etc. Payroll taxes and corporate taxes will come along as well. With all these needs, you will have the requirement of an EIN. Let Federal Carrier help you with these needs.


What is an EIN and Do I Need One?

An EIN, or Employer Identification Number, is a tax ID that identifies a business with a series of 9 digits. It helps the IRS track and file taxes for a business entity. It is very similarly to a Social Security number, but instead of an individual, it applies to a business entity. When you file for an EIN, you’ll need to supply the IRS with your social security number (SSN). This connects you to the business and marks you as the persons responsible.

an EIN is required for most businesses. If your business is looking to hire employees, it needs an EIN. The only businesses that don’t require an EIN are sole proprietors – basically, companies consisting of 1 person (yourself) can generally avoid filing for an EIN.

If you incorporate, partner with someone, open a limited liability company (LLC) or acquire another business, you need to file for an EIN. Even if you operate additional businesses as a sole proprietorship, you require an EIN. Even if you don’t legally need an EIN, there are some benefits to having one.


Should I get an EIN Even if I Don’t Need One?

An EIN benefits sole proprietors, or independent contractors, in a few ways:

  • Adds a professional touch to your business.
  • If you use your SSN for business, you force clients to deal with your taxes.
  • Clients may have to withhold taxes. an EIN ensures only you deal with your taxes. Potential clients prefer less hassle.
  • Protects your personal SSN from potential identity theft and fraud.


I Changed My Business Name, do I Need a New EIN?

When you change your business name, you generally do not have to file for a new EIN. Instead, you submit an EIN name change. The process you take depends on your entity type.

Sole proprietorships – Need to send a signed notification to the IRS. An authorized representative or the owner of the company must sign the name change documentation.

For S-Corps, C-Corps, and partnerships – You can detail the EIN business name change on your tax return when you file. For corporations, there is a box on Form 1120, and for partnerships, this will be on Form 1065. If you change your name shortly after you file an annual tax return, then you can inform the IRS of the EIN change name through a signed notification, similar to a sole proprietorship.


Let Federal Carrier Complete Your Employer Identification Number Filing for You

In order to save yourself the time and effort, Federal Carrier will file on your behalf. Our experts are familiar with the employer identification number application. Our team eliminates the possibility of any mistakes during the application process. Our expertise in this field works to your advantage and we expedite the process. We take care of every detail so you can focus on your business.



Get Your Employer Identification Number Today!

Federal Carrier won’t ONLY register your required compliance requirements, but we’ll also stay by your side throughout the entire process. Start getting compliant today!

EIN Filing
Disclaimer: Federalcarrier.org is a private, third-party provider offering services for a fee. FCCR registers regulations on behalf of motor carriers. FCCR filing services for a fee, which is different from and in addition to the official Unified Carrier Registration state fees promulgated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.